28 January, 2013

Thoughts on Vlogging and Outfit Posts



So, here it is...I really, really, REALLY would love to start vlogging or video blogging to all you newbies out there. As a medium, I enjoy others who vlog and who vlog well and it's something I have wanted to do for a very long time. What would I do with my imaginary vlog clips you ask? Some craft / beauty hauls, maybe the odd tutorial? Maybe I'll just read all the news for that day! - Who knows? I just reckon I might be actually quite good at it and enjoy it too much for my own liking.

The reason I haven't even remotely started is well....erm...to do with my full time day job. I work closely with alot of college students and every now and again one of them gets the bright idea to 'google me'.

For many people, myself included, when my name is googled it brings up a range of information. You'll get a few links about how to contact me in my day job, perhaps some info on my degree show back in day and of course, lots of information about LuckyRainbowDesigns. But, because of the fact that I know they 'google me' (I know, because just loooove to tell me!), its the only deciding factor that puts me off vlogging. I have this idea that they'll download it and auto tune it somehow and then it'll do the rounds around student email, but then I think maybe they don't really give a sh*t and are not that preoccupied with what I get up to outside of my 9 to 5 working day and it's probably all in that wee head of mine. *Sigh*

The same applies to outfit posts. On the weekend, the suits get pushed to one side and the colorful jeans, snazzy accessories and bright blazers make an appearance. I got alot of inspiration from many an 'What I wore' post out there in the virtual world, and I wouldn't mind sharing the odd post with you all to show the person behind LuckyRainbowDesigns. I've been fortunate to connect to so many great and inspirational people via blogging that for me, not engaging in the above type posts kinda makes me feel that I'm leaving lots of potential fun blog posts out. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to over share but I would love to give this blog a tad more personality and for me creating the above posts would be a fun way to do it!

So, thoughts everyone? Should I abandon all crazy negative and 'what if?' thoughts and give it a go anyways or perhaps gently start the ball rolling with a mini outfit post....perhaps minus my head or something!?! Or stick to being sensible and stay as I am, forever wondering if I could be the next vlogging supa-star*

*totally kidding of course!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails