02 February, 2013

Positive Quotes and Hellllo February


First of all, can we just take a moment to say a big fat hello and 'How are ya?' to February. Today is the first day in a very long time that I've woken up, opened the curtains, seen beautiful blue skies and some lovely spring sunshine and I for one am very happy about this. Yea it still might be cold outside and you can't put those winter clothes away just yet, but its bright and my surroundings look happier, so yeah for that!

I've spoken to so many friends and colleagues about how blue January felt and many of them spoke about how they lacked motivation, felt down, unhappy and just generally wished the month of January away. For some reason, I too found January 'difficult'. Many mornings and days were foggy,my enthusiasm was low and generally I craved days when I could turn off my alarm, stay under the duvet for the day and just not hang out with the world. For the most part, I'm a glass half full kind of person, so feeling this bad was alien to me. Listening to a recent radio show in Ireland, they discussed all of the above and came to the conclusion, that us Irish don't get enough vitamin D. An important vitamin for our well being and an vitamin that we should consider taking daily. Sound advice, but I'm generally not great about reminding myself to take tablets or vitamins so its not something I'm not embarking on right now.

However, as an alternative and in praise of this new bright cheerful sunshine, I'll be 'looking up' today, absorbing the first of those spring rays and spending Saturday topping up my Vitamin D levels the natural way.

Here's to February, you beautiful, beautiful month.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails