21 March, 2013

Unexpected mini sabbatical!



I sometimes dislike those posts from bloggers who say "err, I was sick there for a while, I needed a little break" or something like that.

Well guess what, I'm about to do the same (kinda). Two weeks ago I had a very, very busy week in my full time day job. It was a case of work all day as normal and then complete some more work late at night. It was just one of those weeks where I had very little energy and zero inspiration in the form of blogging and no creativity came my way. As a result, the craft room gathered cob webs and my March blogging schedule went out the window. Apologies guest post people, I will get you all back on track!

The following week, I got very sick (think mucky chesty cough with horrible sore throat) and took some time off work. I then got some great news about a job I had been interviewing for. I got the job but sadly I had to turn it down for financial reasons. It would have meant a move to Dublin which in comparison to Limerick is very expensive to live in. It was a horrible decision to make considering this company is a dream company and aspiration of mine. I won't even tell you the name of the company, because you'll probably shout at me in capital letters and tell me I'm mad. Trust me, I feel mad. Perhaps other doors will open there again for me or elsewhere, who knows?

For now, I'm feeling lots better. I was so annoyed over the last few days over the job. It was like I was mourning a loss, honestly, that's how much I wanted it. There were conversations with friends, family, in person, on the phone and even a group session with wine and co-workers. I don't think I've ever asked for so much advice on any topic in my whole life and when it came down to the nitty gritty of turning down the offer, there was tears. There was tears afterwards, at night time, at work, in the shower, with friends, with pretty much anyone who would listen or who asked me a question about it. Lets hope it was the right decision and that a multitude of regrets don't follow!

I'm ok now...kinda. Or at least I will be.

Normal blogging and creativity will resume over the weekend!

xxx

3 comments :

  1. I'm sorry to hear that, it is so difficult to make decisions like that. Something else fantastic will come along for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that but I'm sure you made a measured choice, and so, the right one. There is so much more to a job than just the job. The lifestyle it brings with it is what really matters. Something else will come along for you with the right circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails