13 January, 2014

The Grateful List #2

 image - via here

Towards the end of 2013, I decided to dwell in the happy moments and spend less time pondering about the less than happy moments. As a result, I introduced to my blog 'The Grateful List'. A sporadical post, popping up every now and again outlining the moments, things or events that have made me grateful or happy as Larry in some small, shape or form.

- A lovely Christmas with an amazing amount of time off work. A whole 17 days. I have friends who work in retail, finish on Christmas Eve and are often back in work on the 26th or 27th of December, so I'm aware of how lucky I am to have wonderful breaks from the 9-5 grind during the festive season.

- Connecting on Twitter. I have loved connecting with new Twitter folk. I might never meet some of these lovely people, but I sure do enjoy the random tweets and chats.

- A low key New Years Eve, spent drinking some cheap cava, eating cheese, chutney and crackers.

- Our apartment has a bath tub! Yay for hot bubble baths!

- Brisk morning walks to work. There has been minimal rain in Manchester since returning after the Christmas break, and brisk, dry walks are a treat.

- Wholesome meals - I've enjoyed cooking healthy colourful meals for myself and the boy and seeing as he's currently commuting to work, getting up at 5:30am, I know he appreciates a hot meal at the end of the day.

- Finding new and brilliant blogs to read. Recently its been Bangsandabun, Gin Fulled BlueStocking  and Mancunian Vintage.

- Planning - I have five groups of friends and family travelling to Manchester between February and May and so I'm scoping things out for them to enjoy.

What are you guys grateful for? Are you enjoying and savoring the little things?

2 comments :

  1. Oh man, you're so lucky to have a bath! That's the one thing we didn't get when we moved. You just can't beat a lovely, hot bath with a good book or some magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ideas of the grateful list. I'm with you on enjoying a brisk walk. It clears the head and lets me think things through.

    ReplyDelete

Comments big or small makes LuckyRainbows day and I read each and everyone. So stop by, say hello and hey,lets be friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails